Bruce Springsteen - The River (1980) | 中英歌詞

 

收錄專輯: The River
發行時間: 1980

| 中英文歌詞 |

I come from down in the valley
我在遙遠的山谷裡長大
Where, mister, when you're young
那裡的人,先生,自你孩提時
They bring you up to do
辛苦把你拉拔成人
Like your daddy done
步入你父親的後塵
Me and Mary, we met in high school
我和瑪莉,在高中相遇
When she was just seventeen
那時她才十七歲
We'd drive out of this valley
我們會開車到山谷外頭
Down to where the fields were green
去到綠草如茵的大地

We'd go down to the river
我們會去河邊
And into the river we'd dive
跳進河裡游泳
Oh, down to the river we'd ride
噢,我們倆,一起開車到河邊

Then I got Mary pregnant
不久後我讓瑪莉懷孕了
And, man, that was all she wrote
老天,除此之外她沒多說什麼
And for my nineteenth birthday
在我十九歲生日那天
I got a union card and a wedding coat
我拿到了工會證和一件西裝外套
We went down to the courthouse
我們開車到法院
And the judge put it all to rest
在法官面前一切就這麼定了下來
No wedding day smiles, no walk down the aisle
沒有婚禮的喜悅,沒有走上紅毯的悸動
No flowers, no wedding dress
沒有花束,沒有婚紗

That night we went down to the river
那晚我們去到河邊
And into the river we'd dive
跳進河裡游泳
Oh, down to the river we did ride
噢,我們倆,一起開車到河邊

I got a job working construction
之前我有份營造的工作
For the Johnstown Company
在約翰斯敦公司
But lately, there ain't been much (no) work
但最近,到處都找不到工作
On account of the economy
因為經濟不景氣
Now all them things that seemed so important
曾經那些重視的事物
Well, mister, they vanished right into the air
如今,先生,消失得無影無蹤
Now I just act like I don't remember
現在我假裝自己什麼也不記得
And Mary acts like she don't care
而瑪莉表現得像她什麼也不在乎

But I remember us riding in my brother's car
但我記得,我們倆開著我哥哥的車
Her body tanned and wet down at the reservoir
在水庫旁,她小麥色的肌膚被河水浸濕
At night, on them banks I'd lie awake
到了夜晚,我躺在河岸上
And pull her close just to feel each breath she'd take
將懷裡的她抱得更緊,只為了感受她每一下呼吸
Now, those memories come back to haunt me
如今,過往的回憶像噩夢般浮現
They haunt me like a curse
像詛咒般糾纏著我
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?
夢想會成了謊言嗎?如果無法實現
Or is it something worse?
還是會變成更糟的東西?

That sends me down to the river
將我帶到河邊
Though I know the river is dry
儘管我知道河水已乾涸
That sends me down to the river tonight
那回憶今晚將我帶到河邊
Ah-yah-yah
哎-唉-唉
Down to the river
到河邊
My baby and I
我的寶貝和我
Oh, down to the river we ride
噢,我們倆開車到河邊
Ah-yah-yaeeh
哎-唉-唉

(歌詞翻譯 by Feina)


張貼留言

較新的 較舊